Friday 1 June 2007

A touching scene


Now I'm not a fan of comic books, even when I was a kid... I am more of a TV enthusiast... But when I watched Sin City, I was really amazed by the direction and lured into the world of comic books...
I started looking more into the work of Frank Miller who created the original comic series and co-directed the movie... I ran into this picture of a scene taken from the first Sin City story "The Hard Goodbye" and its just... well my English is not good enough to give it justice... The use of strong contrast is just amazing... only 2 colors are used... yet it sets a really sad mood that would never be felt if it was drawn any differently... the sadness, loneliness, departing to the unknown through the unknown... I dunno I'm just trying to think of smart and poetic things to say but really can't... I guess its true that a picture is worth a thousand words !!!

No comments: