Monday 7 July 2008

Fearless

The rise of property development along the coast of the Arabian Gulf dramatically increased the demand for luxurious yachts and boats. The creation of 1500 marinas in Dubai alone, along with hundreds, maybe even thousands, of other marinas in neighboring countries lured many people to become watercraft enthusiasts. The emphasis that we are witnessing on waterfront development, land reclamation and the crazy man-made islands that are quickly changing the face of the region are establishing the warm Middle Eastern seas as a tourist attraction that will soon rival the prestigious Mediterranean and Caribbean marinas.

Like everyone I always admired the beauty of expensive toys. But lately I find myself buying boat and yacht magazines. It is not because of all the luxurious waterfront development that is rising which requires complementary water toys. And no its not because I have the financial capability to invest in such assets. Its because of this particular jewel that I ran into by coincidence while reading a Porsche magazine. This jewel is the result of a joint effort between Porsche Design Studios and "high-end builder" Fearless. Its called Fearless 28 (as in 28 feet long) and has a V10 Dodge Viper engine with 550 horsepower. The seats, controls and upper deck design is inspired by the Porsche Carrera GT.

This beauty is the first of a range of yachts designed by Porsche Design Studios for Fearless. I always say that I don't want to be very rich with loads of money that I don't know what to do with, but now I definitely want to afford this toy which apparently cost only $300,000.





No comments: